Monday, January 4, 2010

Dear Strange man,

Caleb says I need to let things go sooner. I am totally letting this one go...after I tell you about it. Caleb and I went on a date. We hit up the Pizza Pie Cafe and then saw Blind side. During dinner we were having a nice time. Just the two of us. And my bump. It wont be this way for long so I am trying to treasure the time I have alone with my man. The people next to us are weird. I let Caleb know that they are weird. And then it happens. Lady:"Whens your baby due?" March 27th. Lady:"I was going to say March". In my head, yeah sure you were. Lady: "Do you know what it is?" Me: Yes its a boy! Lady:" Oh I was going to say March and a Boy". Me: yep I bet you were. And then the lady and her husband and two children start a conversation with us. For a long time. Like over two trips to the buffet long. Then when they are finally done telling us their life story the man strikes a nerve. MAN: In very mean tone:"You know I am really against finding out what your baby is before hand. Really. Especially your first. It's wrong. It should be a surprise." ME: WTH Who do you think you are? Keep your opinion to yourself. And on top of keeping it to yourself, you are a man so if you don't have a uterus you DON'T have a say.
Ok. I didn't say that to him. But I wanted to. I just told him I didn't agree with him at all and Caleb politely pointed out that knowing provides months of shopping. How is Caleb such a good guy? I was so ticked off. I have had my share of unsolicited advise but that was enough. Rude man. So there, if I could do it all over again I would have better come backs than not-ugh. Oh well. Am I alone on this?
p.s. I will post birthday and christmas really soon...

7 comments:

Katrina said...

People are so funny when they talk about pregnancy! :) It's hard not to get upset with them sometimes! I agree! I am totally into finding out the gender beforehand! The technology is there and I'm impatient! The end! :) Everyone else can have their own opinion if they would like, but that's mine! :)

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Mindy said...

I hate when people have so much to say about things that they have absolutely no involvement in. But what can you do? People are dumb and they always will be.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

People are dumb. The end.

KRISTIE said...

he is fired!

Helena said...

ugh, that makes me mad for you

Corinne said...

Why are poeople in Utah so weird? Who knows. I miss you so much! I want to see you this weekend, we were thinking of going to Park City on Sat. and checking out baby stuff at the outlets. You down? Love you!!! xoxo

Janelle said...

My hubby strongly agrees with you!