Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Porter is TWO!






I'm not sure when it happened. I'm not sure how it happened. But I am sure that it did happen. Two years ago Porter made us a real family. Two years ago I had no idea how big my heart cold grow. Two years ago I never would have imagined how much I would love singing. Two years ago I couldn't imagine a walking talking little man.

I am so in love with this kid. I have to watch myself or I will end up one of those mothers that is obsessed with her son. I don't want to be THAT mother-in-law. But this kid is pretty close to perfect in our eyes.

He talks up a storm. Some people can't understand him but I sure can. He has lots of speech stuff going on right now but he is too young to worry (not to work on :) he has some cluster reduction (leaves off the 's') and some fronting. But I can enjoy it for the time being.

We surprised him with balloons this morning. First of all, Daddy was there which NEVER happens, so we walk in with balloons signing "Happy Birthday" and Porter just looks at us like he has no idea what is going on. Then he checks out the balloons. Then we took him out and he was able to open Mom and Papa's presents (my mom and dad) They gave him some trains and a track and he was in HEAVEN! He also got some shoes and some clothes and he looked at them and then handed them to daddy and went right back to his trains. Aren't those TOMS to die for! TO DIE FOR!!!!

Caleb made Porters favorite muffins, lemon poppyseed and we put candles in and sang to him. The whole time we sang he just looked at the floor. I have NEVER seen this kid so shy before. Then he blew out his candles. Right after he said "birthday again?" So he blew out the candles three more times. So cute.

I had to work today, which left me with major mommy guilt. But next week is SPRING BREAK and you better believe this kid is going to live it up.

I love this age. I love how we can talk to Pman and how he gets it. I will tell him to come up for dinner and he will yell "ok, I'm coming mommy". Something about that cracks me up every time. He is so sweet. An amazing cuddle buddy.

Some of your favorites are :
basketball (you call it baketball)
balls
horses
cows
trains
cars
nemo
mater
candy (you call it mum mum mum)
chocolate milk (you call it chalkly)
dogs
chickens
bath time
You are very sweet. If one of us coughs or cries (um I that is me, the hubs doesn't have tear ducks :) you come up to us, touch our backs and say "you ok, mommy/daddy?" You love to talk on the phone, if it's daddy or Mom or Ouma you just hold the phone and talk as you walk around the house. You are trying to spell your name but only know P-O so you say "P-O-P-O-P-O" it is so funny. You can spot the letter P anywhere. You are learning some other letters and chime in when I sing ABC's. You are very polite and say "thankyou" often. I said "thanks" yesterday (usually I say thank you) and you picked up on that right away. The rest of the day you said "thank" mommy or "thank" daddy. You are very encouraging and say "good job mommy/daddy" a lot. If you tell a joke you say "that's funny" just in case we missed it! There is so much more about you but I will post that later on. I just wanted to Say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I think you rock! We love you Porter Boy. It's crazy to think how much you have changed. Two years dude. That's a lot. I can't wait to see what's in store for us....

2 comments:

Mrs. Hornberger said...

Happy Birthday Porter! You probably dont remember me, but I remember you. I can't wait to see you this summer. Ill try to make you laugh and slip you treats when your mom isn't looking. How else will I get you to like me? You're lucky to have Kendie as your mom!
P.S.
Owen has just got his first pair of toms. Maybe you guys will be twins when you play. xoxo

Katie said...

Happy birthday!