Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Party 2012

We went to the hubs work Christmas party. This makes our third party. crazy. I thought we would be long gone by now :). It was a black tie event with an old Hollywood feel. They has a red carpet and a photo shoot when you walked in that was on a jumbo tron in the main room. It was at the barn at Thanksgiving Point. It also started at the time I would need to feed Shirley. I planned on pumping on the drive over, but the battery pack was dead. So I thought I could pump in the bathroom. No outlets. By this point I'm super bugged. So I find a storage room and an outlet, squat down (I'm in a skirt and heels) and start doing 'my thing' only to have a man walk in. Awkward. I was covered of course. But still. Then another lady walks in and then another man and girl and then I stopped counting. That was fun. Shirley has been working on the nursing thing so I haven't given her too many bottles, and it was like she forgot how to eat from a bottle. It came out too fast, too much and before I know she threw up everywhere. She was upset and I was stressed. Luckily she is pretty chill and calmed down quickly. And my mood increased! We had dinner and an awesome performer. I was dying laughing and if my hubs wasn't so reserved I would have been up dancing and singing. It was awesome. Then the usual Q style. It really was a fun night. We got some swag, I got a nice black hoodie and the hubs got a nice jacket and a white hoodie. We really are grateful that Caleb has a job with a good company that he likes. I am so grateful he has a job that has insurance (that sadly isn't anywhere as good as mine was). It was fun to get dressed up and have a night with friends. We sat next to my favorite Q people, Katie and Karen. Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the girls!

1 comment:

Ashley and Blake said...

Did u seriously just have a baby?! You look hot!