Tuesday, December 11, 2012

'Tis the Season

I always feel like Christmas comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I was worried with a new baby that things would go even faster. So I tried to take time in my own hands. We decorated our Christmas tree before December 1st even! My friend made me an amazing program to teach about the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas and we have been doing a lot of those activities. We watched the Christmas devotional (crazy to think that last year we went there, thanks to my friend Kristal) We made a day trip to SLC and while it wasn't lit up we did see the decorations. I am trying to get more than Santa across to Porter. In fact he doesn't really know anything about Santa, I haven't really taught him or showed him. Not that I don't BELIEVE in Santa, I DO! But, I need to be more focused on the Savior and what Christmas is really about. And I have been loving it. We will go take our pictures with Santa, I will tell him who he is and what he does, and Santa will come, albeit small and practical but he will be there. But for the majority of this wonderful season I wanted to make sure my focus is where it needs to be. Porter loves Christmas trees and loves the lights. Christmas is always magical to me, but it just seems perfect with a child. We had the hubs work Christmas party last night and it was fun (post coming) and our ward party on Saturday night and that was fun too. We still need to make ginger bread homes, go to the Riverwoods at night, drive around to see lights and go to Temple Square at night but I really feel like I have a hand on this season. It helps that I plug our Christmas tree lights in at 2 and leave them on till bed time and that Christmas music is a big part of our day!

No comments: