Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Growing like a weed

But we don't want to get rid of this weed! Porter is growing by leaps and bounds lately.  At first I thought turning three was the worse thing that had happened to us, but he is so fun these past few weeks.  Some of my favorite porter-isms are: "Mom, I have a question.." And then he will ask me a question, one day on a run he asked "why can't we walk on the moon? Will we fall? By the stars?" He calls Shirley "baby girl" and whenever she cries he will sing her A Child's Prayer.  It warms my heart always.  He still says "sootball" for football, but no longer says "chocolate shaken" One day I stubbed my toe and it REALLY hurt and I put my head down and held my breath and Porter came and patted my back and said, "it's ok babe, be tough". One day in Sacrament I bore my testimony I sat down and Porter turns to Caleb and not so quietly told him "it's your turn now" we have a friend that was growing his beard and hair out and Porter looked at him and said "Jesus?" And we all burst into laughter (that was the look he was going for, he was working on set of the Bible movies for the Church) and then he got really shy.  He really is a sweet boy.  Wild, but sweet.  


 Here he is going to see the Cruds.  Caleb took him one night and I guess there is a part where they ask "hello?" And Porter answered "Hello, I'm right here".  
                    Caleb took Porter to see the Owl's baseball game.  He loved it. 
 Here is one of Porter wearing his favorite basketball outfit asleep with his basketball.
And Porter's first camping trip! May 31, 2013 Father and Son's Camp trip in the B4 ward.  Caleb said they had a blast.  He had his second camping trip soon after this.  I am trying to be a more patient mother, I am always trying to better myself, but bettering myself as a mother is something I take to heart.  It is very....humbling.  It is a process to say the least.  Tonight, as I was getting fed up trying to get Porter to sleep he rolled over and right when I was about to lose it he whispered "mom, I love you" and went right to sleep.  My heart could have burst right then and there.  I am so grateful I have this little boy.  I have no doubt amazing things are in store for him.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This kid cracks me up! He should come okay with Jackson soon!