Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We MADE it




So we made it. After the little training I did and the zero training Caleb did we accomplished the 21 km. It was in the Toroko Gordge which is beautiful and amazing as well as unforgiving. The course was brutal and is known for its killer hills ( however we did not know this until right before the race). It was a lot of fun with thousands of people and 163 foreigners including ourselves. We went with the English ward in Taipei. Caleb and I were able to run/crawl uphill most of the way which was nice and encouraging. I finished at 2 hr and 11 mins and Caleb finished about 6 mins after me. If you know me you know I love running and accomplishing this with Caleb was a blast. We were dead after that and Caleb could hardly walk but were ready for more!!

4 comments:

KRISTIE said...

congrats!! Thast amazing. If you were here in the spring we could do the seal beach 10k, mattie and jake will be in the kids 1k next year. mattie did it last year, but this year, jake is in training too!

Unknown said...

Those medals look pretty cool, maybe I will come to Taiwan and run a relay just to get a medal and a shirt. :)

Katie said...

That is awesome that you did that. If I ran a race I would come in dead last. Good for you guys!

Mafuta said...

Maybe next time you (Caleb) should try some preparation!! Remember the motto, "Be Prepared"?