Saturday, March 1, 2008

He couldn't keep his TRUNK off me!!








This is Bang Bang! We got to ride him through the forest in Cosa mui and it was the best experience ever. It was a DREAM COME TRUE for me. All my life I had want to backpack Thailand and ride an elephant. I got both! Bang bang was the best. He loved to dance and talk! I fell in love! I have always had a love and appreciation for elephants and this just made it stronger. If I could have it my way we would be hanging out with Bang Bang right now! I loved him so much. He was beautiful and his tusks were amazing. While on the topic of elephants I must say that purchasing anything that contains ivory makes you a murder. I watched a special in Taiwan ( in English) about the people that kill elephants for their tusks. Over half of their bodies are left to rot, only a little is taken for food. I strongly feel this is a serious issue and we need to fight against it. Or there isn't going to be any more Bang Bangs to love.


3 comments:

Katie said...

So cool! I want to do that some day. That's sad that they don't take care of the elephants.

Janelle said...

What an awesome experience! So jealous. We totally both share a passion for travel and culture!

The Murdocks said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I wish I could ride through the jungle on an elephant! My only thing is that I don't like bugs! Especially tics. I have this weird phobia or something. Jeremy and I are going on the Mexican Rivera cruise in May and I only hope that I can suck it up and be tough so I can have some cool experiences off the ship.