Friday, August 29, 2008

Our FIRST MARATHON!





We did it! My life long goal! We ran the Park City Marathon. Some interesting facts about this marathon: some runners carry camera's because it is so pretty ( I would drive it if you really care to see the pretty things) there was a cow on the trail ( it drove me off the rode with it's mean eye) and the first 16 miles are uphill! Oh and mile 18 is about 85% incline up a hill. YUP! It was so brutal. That and with the previous week being my first week back at school I got sick. Those kids gave me a bad cough and I was really struggling during the race. Caleb was a great supporter during miles 10-13. We finished and I was grateful for my sister Katie and my nephew Quinn who were there cheering for us. It was what I needed to cross that line. That was just one of my blisters one of my toes lost all its skin and is very raw and Caleb got a monster too but it burst during the run. I am excited to do our next marathon...now I just need to find one!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Good job! You are so much more motivated than I am. I can't even get the motivation and get up and go walking at 8 in the morning with the girls in the neighborhood. Sigh...Someday I'll get my butt moving and do something great like that.

Katie said...

Go Kendra!

KRISTIE said...

i am so proud of you!

The Murdocks said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome! I am running another 5K this weekend. Work up gradually, right? haha... Jeremy and I are doing a 10K in January. That blister did not look cool.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Kendra! I'm so impressed! I have wanted to a marathon for a while too, but actually doing it . . . WAY TO GO! And by the way, I am so glad you are in the ward! I think you are wonderful and such a great teacher! I'm excited to get to know you better! Take care!