Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oceanside- a little late
















































































So here we are at my favorite place:Oceanside CA. We go there as a family every year my whole life! Last year was the first year I missed. Only because we were in Taiwan so I guess that's a good reason. This past year was GREAT! My mom and dad really hooked us up. They got us a huge condo and it was a blast. We loved surfing and playing at the beach all day long. Caleb went body boarding with me (my favorite) and he loved it too. We were able to see a ton of ocean life. We went kayaking with my mom and saw some seals. We found TONS of starfish (another favorite for me) Caleb held a LIVE sand dollar for the first time. We went out at low tide 4:00 AM with my mom and sister. We were able to see a HUGE crab and Caleb SAVED the octopus. It had been left out during low tide but we returned it to the sea. I had the best time. Hubs-remember when we were tan and ran 10 miles on the beach? Good times!











7 comments:

KRISTIE said...

i remember this trip, it was like a year ago? ?? ? ? ?
i miss you very much and caleb too

Katie said...

Very nice. That octupus was the coolest thing ever.

Sam and Steph said...

ewwwww, dead jellyfish, that still STING...believe me, I know. Let's hope I can have cool california oceanside moments sometime in the near future :-)

Kendra said...

Steph- You will! And I got stung before and it was terrible! I am so excited for your new home! You know you cant get rid of us. We WILL be visiting!

MeganandClaudy said...

Fun fun! I've never been, so if I ever go you will def have to give me some tips of what to do.

JoEllen said...

Did you know I was born in Oceanside? Sadly, I haven't really been back. My family always goes to San Diego or Coronado...but you're adventures look tons of fun!

Mrs. Hornberger said...

ocean side is beautiful! whats with the octupuss on the beach? Thats crazy! you can call me...nannerpuss nannerpuss! haha hey where are those wedding pics you took while you were down there? Member how I wanted to see them forever ago? SLACKER! Love u :)