Monday, April 6, 2009

Why I shouldn't go to walmart

This past weekend was super. We did our taxes ( not a pleasant experience and I really want those living off my money to give it BACK) We had dinner with friends on Friday night (yeah for engagements) then woke up early for my half marathon (pictures to come later) ran a great run for it being blizzard like for most of it. Finished marathon went to kneaders with Rachel and hubs. Got sick. Went home remained sick. Hubs took a test while I slept. Woke up still sick realized we needed to go to the store. It was late. Our options were limited. We went to walmart. I HATE walmart. Maybe it's because they shut down the mom and pop stores, maybe it's because they have horrible ethics, maybe it's because they have signs in Spanish and then English ( this is the blessed US of A here) maybe it's because people think that other people enjoy listening to their screaming spawn of Satan like children. I'm not really sure. But we went. And I received confirmation that I should not go to walmart. There were screaming children everywhere. It's late at night people. I know you are raising your children in Utah but please don't raise your children like your raising them in Utah. And then there were 2 semi cute children.... climbing on top of the water bottle display. ON TOP. And dad was standing back watching. What the letter that comes after E and before G!!!! Are you kidding me. Like I want to buy water that your small children have climbed, sat and who knows what else on. Now I am not a parent, so I am sure people(parents) are saying you don't understand...BLAH. If you don't want to parent your children...don't become a parent. It's simple really. I can recommend some options if you don't understand. I admit it. It's my fault. I really shouldn't go to walmart. But really parents of Utah- I encourage you to parent your children. Don't let them climb on things that are not toys. Don't let them scream while you blissfully tune it out. Don't let them run around thinking someone else will stop them. And while I'm at it. We had our taxes done. This was not a happy experience. I work hard. I pay my taxes. So for those out there who are enjoying living off of the "government" a little tip. It's not the government's money. It's MINE. and I would really like it back.

9 comments:

Sam and Steph said...

Amen! The only good time to go to wal-mart is on my way to work, at like 6:30 in the morning...It's quiet, there is no one there, and the prices are still cheap :-) Other than that time slot, I avoid wal-mart at all costs. I will pay the extra couple of bucks to buy my food at a REAL grocery store!

KRISTIE said...

i try never to go to walmart, but they are nicer in utah :)

bean said...

you guys are so cute!!! we need to catch up. I still have a very special tooth paste to give you... so contact me!!! miss ya

bean said...

ps... this is jocelyn and taylor

Corinne said...

Hello my friend, we miss you! We are having withdrawals. Do you have to work Thursday? love you!
xoxo

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

We TOTALLY feel your pain on taxes. Stupid Uncle Sam. He took all our hard-earned money. Bah!

Mrs. Hornberger said...

you forgot to say "dont let your children run screaming up and down the isles at church, and let them scream for 1 minutes during sacrament before casually getting up and taking them outside"

but i laughed a lot at this post, especially when u talked about how its annoying that they have singns in spanish AND english haha love u

MeganandClaudy said...

Bless you. Sometimes I think I am the only one who can't stand other people's annoying children. Then I read your blog and it gave me warm fuzzies to realize that children misbehaving isn't cute and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Dinner sometime? Yes.

Melissa said...

hahahahahaha! You are tooooo funny! I HATE other people's kids. I'm praying they don't put me in the primary now that I'm in a fam ward. I'm sure I'll like my own kids, and it'll be very easy to tune them out someday, but I just hope I don't forget how annoying it is when other people tune their rotten kids out and pretend that everyone else has that capability too!