Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bad day...

It's just one of those days. A bad one. Where you wish it would just end. You ever have one of those? Porter is doing great and is so cute and smiley. He is getting big and doing all sorts of fun tricks (his 5 month post will come soon). But this post is my soap box. I'm tired. I feel like I don't have any time. I feel like a bad mommy. I feel crabby. I want to cry my eyes out...but I've already done that and now I just have a headache. I have gone back to work. It's a long story and one I don't want to talk about right now. But that means that Porter is in the loving care of a nanny. And I don't see him until after 4pm. When I'm tired and crabby. And even though the scale says I weigh what I did before I got pregnant my body doesn't FEEL or look the same. And that makes me crazy. How do you people do it? How do mom's work full time, have a perfect body, put themselves together perfectly, keep a perfect home? Right now I just feel like I am failing. And that sucks. I should delete this post now...who wants to listen to a cry baby? But I'm not going to. Somebody out there has got to know what I'm talking about...right?

8 comments:

Katie said...

Thinking of you!

Sara said...

I think it's great you wrote all this. Because every mom feels this way, yet no one shares it so we all think every other mom is that perfect mom... and she's not.
Hoping you realize you aren't alone and that you really are a great mom.
ps- I know just what you mean about coming home crabby. You ware working with other people's kids all day. All I wanted to do when I got home from work was relax for an hour but knew I couldn't. It does get better. Especially as baby gets older.

Corinne said...

Oh my wonderful friend. You are such a good mom, wife and friend. We all feel like this and it will get better. Less than three months to go! Love you

MeganandClaudy said...

good for you for admitting it...like your friend Sara says above. While I'm not a mom yet, I'm pretty much positive I will feel this exact way...but, probably everyday...we're human...and not meant to be perfect. Hang in there. Things always get better :)

Mindy said...

There are very few moms that have a perfect body, don't get crabby, keep a perfect home, and feel like they are the best moms ever. I never feel like I'm doing enough. It's a tough job!! I'm sure you're doing much better than you think. All that baby needs is a momma that loves him and will do what is best for him, and he already has that.

Mrs. Hornberger said...

You are so much better then I'll ever be! In relief society on Sunday they talked about how were so hard on our selves as women and our standards for ourself are so high that we can set ourselves up for failure and that we should not do that. So don't do it, cuz you're doing great. I'm only a minute away if you need ANYTHING! Love u!
Ps
If u need to feel better about the condition of your house then just come look at mine :)

KRISTIE said...

um, i don't :(

but hugs for you

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

I couldn't have put it better myself. I know exactly how you feel! But trust me when I say that there are a lot of moms that look perfect when they are doing all those things and really feel the same as you. I am sure you are a great mom!!! Porter adores you, and loves you tons. I hope you are doing well. We should let our little ones have a play date sometime.