Wednesday, September 29, 2010

More Pictures!!!

Yes it's true, Mom's do love him!
Porter with his Grandpa Bill (Caleb's grandpa)
Porter with his Mama staying warm at the beach.
The reason we went to California: Mattie's Baptism! She was so beautiful and it was so neat to see!
Porter and Mommy
Porter with Ma ( my grandma)
Porter Kenneth with Kenneth aka Pa ( my grandpa)
Porter relaxing with his Papa
Porter and Daddy with the sweet hiking backpack.
Porter chilling with my shades on
We just love this little man. He is so fun and we are having fun watching him grow.

Now I have a few thoughts on being a working mom. First:it sucks. I love my job. LOVE it. I am using what I went to school for and it is challenging and rewarding (most days). I work with some wonderful kiddos and people. I love that I get to be social and see people all day. Second: it is so hard. I worry about Porter all the time. Is he happy? Is he upset? Is the nanny talking to him? Is he doing something for the first time and I'm missing it? Is he watching TV? (Yes, we are first time parents) The list goes on and on. I am tired and crabby and emotional. I may have an ulcer and am losing my hair. I don't sleep well. I am a high strung person...now. I am trying to get back into shape and trying to have fun with my hubs and I just don't have any time.

I always planned on being a working mom...let me clarify. When my kids are in school I will be working. For me I can't imagine being at home for 7 hrs 5 days a week while my kids are in school. However, I used to 'uh hem' not think the highest of stay at home moms. I have learned. That's what life is about right? Who wouldn't want to be at home with their baby. One thing I have to say is that things are hard no matter what your situation and that you will probably always think you have it harder. I am so grateful for my job. And I can't wait to be at home with my baby. And let's be friends, working mom's, non-working moms, non-moms whatever your story.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Miss you! I'm sorry it's rough. But to be honest I would relish 5 to 7 hours alone in my own home. It would be a dream come true right now!

Corinne said...

Cute pictures my friend! I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Love you!