Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A dinky (binky)

Oh the Dinky. This is a long time coming. We actually got rid of the binky right after Pman turned two. We tried getting rid of it earlier but the babysitter was not on board with that. And then I felt guilty. Because I worked and he was with a new babysitter and I felt like he should have something that comforts him. And I was worried all H.E.L.L. would break lose when we got rid of it. But at two years damage to the teeth starts to occur. That and I do speech therapy and knew I couldn't support a binky. Tounge thrust. Lisp. As you can see in the pictures Pman loved his binky. Sometimes to chew on, sometimes two at a time. He truely loved them. But when we took him to build a bear he was ready. He picked out his bear, put his binky right in with the heart and closed it up. He slept fine at night but naps were really hard. He has withdrawl. But he got over it. And we all lived happily binky free after!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Nicely done!! I am all for binkies until age 2 also! My mom is a speech therapist, so she would love reminding me about the negatives if I didn't take it away, haha. Porter is so adorable, I can't stand it!