Monday, May 18, 2009

What if a 5k wasn't really a 5k....






Here we are at the ACD "Signs on the Trail" 5k for deaf awareness. I was so pumped when my friend Corinne told me about this race. We got there early and we so excited to race. This was Corinne's FIRST 5k. My sisters 3rd or 4th and her sis-in-law's first time racing with us! We started out with a bang, I was in the top ten for the start of the race and maintained that spot for the majority of the race. After a while some people started yelling "turn back we've gone too far" um WHAT??? I instantly lost my place to some kid in a tie-die shirt and yellow pants who turned WAY before I did. Any who it was a beautiful day and awesome race. It ended up being like 4.4 miles at least, which isn't bad unless your running at a 3.1 mile pace and realize the finish is so much farther than you thought. Oh well. All in all I came in 12th overall and was the 4th woman to cross that dang finish line. Caleb and Scott were our cheermen. They had a blast chillin with Quinn and cheering the runners on. It was funny when they realized that some people weren't actually ignoring them, they just couldn't hear...because they were deaf. Funny guys. Rachel from Signing Time was there!!! Oh yes and when she asked the audience what song they wanted to hear...guess what?? THE SILLY PIZZA SONG!! I did yell my request as loud as I could! It was so fun! I'm glad we have the most awesome friends and family to do fun stuff with. Can't wait for the next one...

7 comments:

Katie said...

Love the title. So much fun!

Corinne said...

You're such a good little blogger. You need to give MY blog a makeover! See you tomorrow, love you!

Rachel said...

ok, I totally recognized Rachel's SHIRT before I recognized her. I'm sure you know this, but she wears that on a lot of the videos, and I was like, "Man, that shirt looks really familiar..."
The silly pizza song is Nate's favorite as well.

Anyway, good job on the race! Too bad that they didn't have it marked very clearly...but we all know you're awesome and could kick our butts any day.

Rachel said...

ok, I totally recognized Rachel's SHIRT before I recognized her. I'm sure you know this, but she wears that on a lot of the videos, and I was like, "Man, that shirt looks really familiar..."
The silly pizza song is Nate's favorite as well.

Anyway, good job on the race! Too bad that they didn't have it marked very clearly...but we all know you're awesome and could kick our butts any day.

Rachel said...

ummm...don't know why it did it twice...sorry about that. I think I double clicked on "publish your comment?" Is it really that sensitive?

Kendra and Caleb said...

haha! Rachel I TOTALLY understand. I don't think anyone would recognize her without the sweater. Signing time is one of my favorites. I love that you do it with Nate. We should do a RS 174 race!!

Melissa said...

You are such a good little runner. I was just thinking that I haven't seen you at the gym in forever, and then I remembered its because I never go! hahaha.