Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I need a time out...

Today is bad. So bad that I had to get on mt soap box and cry a river. So here it goes: It took me an HOUR to get home from work today. I was in Saratoga and I loath Saratoga. I stayed on one road (basically in one spot) for 30 mins. I have to drive with stupid Utah drivers and get a rock chip in my window...again. I also hate that Semi-trucks can get away with ruining my windshield. I get home. Turn on the TV and the ONLY channel we are getting is the Mexican channel. UGH! I don't live in freaking Mexico. I am not ok with having a Spanish speaking teacher for kids to "learn" English when our Special Needs kids can't get a one-on-one aides. I am not ok with paying taxes for illegal immigrants to use the hospital as their one stop Doctor apts. I am not ok with jobs going to illegal immigrants when we have thousands of our citizens who need jobs. I am not ok with enabling these illegal immigrants to get the lifestyle they have without doing it the legal and right way. I am perfectly happy and appreciate those who do come here (the U.S) legally, learn English and contribute every bit as much as someone who was born here. There. After stupid traffic, a rock chip, some other petty stuff I couldn't even write down, and a Mexican channel for TV, I realize I have it pretty good. I have a car to drive in traffic, a job to wear me out, a family to come home to and a TV to watch something (even if it's not in English). I thought about erasing this instead of posting it but I think I will keep in case my bad mood tries to strike again. I need to remember what really matters and how many blessing I have in my life. (I still think TV should be in English.)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Boo to the spanish channel!

MeganandClaudy said...

i too have posted things and almost erased them...but i always figure better out than in...let it out and oh well to the consequences! That's what blogging is for is for expressing yourself...good for you!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

I'm sorry you had such a rough day, that really does stink. Way to look on the good side of things (venting does that to me too!) And to answer your questions, yes we are back in Utah, and I would LOVE to go run with you, but we must wait until I get in at least a little better shape, lest you think I'm a fat, slow, loser! I used to run all the time miles at a time, but that was like 3 years ago. I'm working up to it. But once I get in a little better shape I will totally give you a call!

p.s. I'm sad you moved! We miss you in the ward!

Corinne said...

you DO need a timeout! But I totally agree with you!! Lets do dinner tomorrow night, i'll text you. Love you xoxo