Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yup, I'm knocked up

I'll answer some of the questions I have received. Yes it's true. No it's not a joke. Yes it was planned (hello do you know me?) Yes I have been super sick. Week 6 and 7 I felt like crap but was in full function mode. Week 8 (the week work started again) I threw up so many times I lost count. Week 9 I got meds and only threw up every now and then. Labor Day we went to dinner with our friends and I got sick, threw up for over 4 hours and missed my first day of work. Went to work on Wed. and passed out while I was meeting someone. Yes I have lost all sense of shame. I have pulled into a parking lot to open my door and vomit all over, gone back to work and noticed that somehow it got on my shirt =). Thrown up in my hand, in many different toilets, my friends street, her lawn. Oh it has really been fun. Some people don't get sick, I envy them. But I am saving (or trying to) my sick days for when the baby comes- which is due March 27th but I would be ok if it came a week late- So I have pulled myself together and gone on living my life. There were and occasionally are still days when I wish I could stay at home and lay around all day. Every time I say how long it's been since I was last sick I always end up sick again- Like today =(. We are super excited and really want a healthy baby. I work with all the worst case scenarios so it's not too far removed from my world. Having a healthy normal baby is such a blessing. If it could have my hair and Caleb's eyes I wouldn't complain.

8 comments:

Sally said...

CONGRATS from the Davidsons!!! Joe will be so excited for y'all :)

KRISTIE said...

I am sorry you feel bad :(
Hopefully you will start to feel great soon! Will I be seing you at thanksgiving?

JoEllen said...

Wow...congrats! That stinks that you've been feeling so sick..hopefully you'll bet getting better soon. So excited for you!

Mrs. Hornberger said...

They say it's a good sign that you have a healthy baby if you are sick, so just think about that every time you have to pull over and throw up :)

The Murdocks said...

I'm sorry that you have been so sick :( I think that means you will be blessed with a really easy delivery and a beautiful healthy baby!

Jeff said...

I AM SOOOOO Sorry you are so sick! It makes me so sad! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. What a great hubby you have to care for you while you are down. I am so excited for you! This is Rebecca by the way, not Jeff.

The Yates said...

heyy congrats! i can't believe your preggo! i have to say im shocked. but how exciting. i'm so sorry you are so sick...i didnt know it was so frequent:( just wanted to say congrats and good luck!

Unknown said...

KENDRA! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!I sent you an invitation for the wedding, but it came back to me. I just saw right now that you moved. It sounds like there are a lot of exciting things happening in your life. Hopefully we can catch up soon! I miss you!