Monday, November 2, 2009

Swine flu is through and I'm about to vent

It was really truly a horrible experience. That dang pig sickness. Of course it had to happen right when my works Fall break was and my parents came to town. Can you say double lame. I can DOUBLE LAME. My parents were nice enough to see me even though I was sickly. Caleb and I wore face masks though. We have manners. I wasn't up to a lot but I was so happy to see them. I am terribly homesick these days. I miss my fam, the nieces and nephews and I really miss California food. But I was very grateful for their visit. After that I had to get back to work and back to moving. I'm all better now. Aside from the fact that I puked my guts out 20 mins ago. Aww. The joys of growing a person. I'm writing a book. It's about pregnancy. It tells the truth. So if you are thinking about getting pregnant don't ask me how it is... I will tell you the things they wont. And because I'm grumpy or tired of barfing or because this is my blog and my body don't tell me I can't have just one child. That really really bugs me. Especially if you are a man. UGH! So many people have told me "Oh you can't have just one". So many men have told Caleb "Oh she can't stop at one." Really. Want to dare me? Because I could very well just have one. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful that I was able to get pregnant, I am grateful to be able to have a child. But it hasn't been a walk in the park for me. I have been really really sick and if we decide to have just one. Well that's up to us. Just like when we decided to have a child, we sure didn't ask for your input or even involve you in it, or when it happened and we waited for many reasons to let people know. It was between us. Not you. So there. I didn't realize I was so grumpy. But it really feels good to get that out. On another note, thank you for your well wishes and prayers. It meant the world to me. Thank you Corinne for dropping that sweet basket off. You are so sweet. I will post pictures of non negative things very soon! =)

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Oh my friend! I want you to feel better soon! I NEED to see you and your baby bump! This weekend for sure!! Look on the bright side, it's almost time for you to find out what you're having..I'm so excited for you! Love you!! xoxo

JoEllen said...

So glad you're doing better! Seriously, if I threw up during my pregnancies, I would never be pregnant again...all I have to deal with is nausea for the first trimester...I have nothing to complain about! So, more power to you for not wanting to go through that misery again!

KRISTIE said...

im glad your feeling somewhat better. i love you very much

The Murdocks said...

I totally understand how you feel about just having one kid. I had a prety easy pregnancy, but the delivery was so traumatic and just about killed me, seriously. I remember the first thing I said to Jeremy after was "how many kids do you want? ...then we are going to adopt. I am never doing this again!" Now that I have recoverd I am enjoying being a mom, but have no desire to have another baby anytime soon. but I am already starting to forget how bad it was. I guess that is a good thing. I don't judge you for only wanting one. but those little stinkers are so cute!! you are going to love him/her so much!! I bet your book will be awesome!

Ashley and Blake said...

Kendra! So sad to hear you aren't feeling well, but so excited for you! You are going to be a great mom. It has been way too long. You guys look great. Hope the pregnancy gets easier on you as you go along! Good luck with everything. Just want you to know that I think about you often.