Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tomorrow...

I go back to work.

I may cry. Like now. Or whenever I think about it. Or when I worry Porter will forget me. Or when I worry he wont want to nurse, or I will lose my milk....I worked really hard to figure this nursing thing out and will be really ticked it I lose it all.

It's only two weeks. Ten days. I can do it. I LOVE my job. I LOVE the people I work with. I LOVE using my degree. I LOVE the skills my job provides me. I LOVE learning. I LOVE the kids I work with (most of the time =). I LOVE staying sharp and contributing to the world.

BUT... Porter's still so small. He's only 6 weeks. I'm still so tired. And emotional. And he changes a lot so fast. And I wont get home till after 4pm. And he goes to bed around 10.

I'm nervous to say the least. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Katie said...

It will be fine! You'll do great. Porter won't forget you!

PS Aaron and I have a proposal for you to be Quinn's swim teacher. We'll talk tonight!

Corinne said...

Don't worry my friend, I know you can do it! Porter could never forget his mommy. I'm thinking about you. Love you

KRISTIE said...

mattie was fine, porter will be fine. it will be okay. i promise

The Murdocks said...

Don't worry, you will do great! And babies always love their mommys the most, no matter what! He will be so excited to see you when you get home!

Ashley and Blake said...

Hey Kendra! Thanks so much for your sweet message on my blog! Porter will never forget you and everything will work out just fine!! He loves you just as much as you love him. Good luck! PS. He is seriously so cute! I love all the pics you have. Your sister did a great job!!!

Nicole said...

hey Kendra!! I have no idea what your email address is, which is why I'm putting this on here.. has to do with cloth diapering. Thought you might want to check this out since you expressed interest in it!

http://tklarsen.blogspot.com/2009/08/wow.html

Good luck with going back to work! Your sweet little boy will always love you best and won't forget you! :)

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

Like everyone else has said it will be fine. I'm am sure you come home and your little Porter gets a grin on his face. He could NEVER forget you. At least it is only two weeks. (Well now one). On a more selfish note we love having you back!