Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh Joy the Birthday BOY!

Sunday April 3rd Porter turned ONE! He is a big boy now. We had his party on Saturday and were so grateful for the beautiful weather. It snowed on Sunday, just like it did the day he was born. I am so excited for my ONE year old. I'm also so excited that nursing is over and my body is fully mine now! If my nursing bra wasn't so amazing I would burn it as a sign of liberation. I have so many adorable pictures to post. Just not now. I hope to get to them today... but it might not happen. Porter and I are flying to LAX tonight (late) to go see my Grandpa who isn't doing well. It will be a bittersweet trip but it's my spring break so really the best time for me to go. Don't worry I will be back Friday (midnight) in time to run my half marathon on Sat! Oh dear...

3 comments:

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

Happy Birthday Porter. A bit late. Let me know how the flight goes. We are flying to Florida in May and I am scared to death about flying with a 16 month old. But at least I will have David with me. Good luck! Love ya!

Annalisa said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope your trip goes well though. So you weened him? Did it take just a couple of weeks? How did it go? Lincoln is 6 months but I am getting tired of nursing!!! But I hate to spend so much money on formula....so let me know how it went! Glad you feel liberated and your body is your own now!! I look forward to that!

Annalisa said...

That last comment of mine sounds weird. I meant to include Porter's name when I asked if you had finished weening him:)