Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hair's the deal...

This BOY has some great hair. It's long and curly. And I LOVE it. He likes it too. His daddy even loves it. So when I found out I was having a BOY, I wanted him to have great hair, I just never imagined it would be this great (I have stick straight hair) and when it started to curl (around 10 months) I decided it would be fun to take part in upsherin. A Jewish tradtition, where you do not cut the boy's hair until their third birthday. I'm kinda obsessed with the Jewish faith. I like it. I like learning about it. That being said, I partake in LENT every year and like the Catholic faith. I like learning about other religions. I am solid in my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I think it helps to learn about other people's faith. So back to the hair. It's beautiful. Most of the time. Somedays, when we are running late, or we've been sick I don't even brush it, and it looks unruly. But when I do, man it's a good hair day. Yes, people call him a girl. Trust me he doesn't dress like a girl so it's all the hair. If they hear him talk I don't know what they are thinking, he has a very deep voice. But random strangers calling him a girl hasn't even made me want to cut it once. I gave into peer pressure before, I'm so much older and wiser now. Sometimes I get defensive, like why can't a boy have awesome hair. Why should it be just for the girls? I have seen plenty of girls with some bald heads, that doesn't make them a boy (but it does help when there is a bow in sometimes). So we haven't cut it. We trim the bangs when needed (sometimes later than needed) but as for today and this month, there will be no cutting of the ringlets. Will we make it to three? It's hard to say. It may be down to his bottom by then, I may have to rethink this whole thing. But I'm pretty determined. And his mommy and daddy love it. So we're keeping it. For now. So there's the whole hairy situation...

1 comment:

B + B said...

I may have cut Wesley's hair sooner but people kept telling me to cut it... so of course it made me want to NOT cut it.