Monday, August 19, 2013

One time I woke up and ran a half marathon

The Utah Valley Marathon and Half Marathon ends near our house, I don't know why but I didn't even think of signing up.  Then Friday night a friend posted on facebook that her brother was hurt and couldn't run it. I was interested but it was like 6 pm.  Who thinks of doing a half marathon 12 hours from the start? With NO training? Crazy people, that's who.  But then the hubs came home from work and asked why I wasn't running the race? Done. I called my friend and meet them to get the bib.  So June 8, 2013 I ran my 6th Half marathon with no training and three hours of sleep.  And I had a blast.  It was a great course, downhill, cool, lots of people, beautiful and just fun.  Around mile 6 I knew I was going to be sick.  At mile 10 I was dying.  My stomach hated me.  But I could still run.  At mile 12, yes ONE mile from the end I had to run into the Einstein's bagel and use the restroom.  I finished in 2 hrs 8 mins, nothing great, definitely not a PR, but I really had a blast!

                                       Me and Sabrina at the start.
                                       With the start line behind us!