Monday, March 22, 2010

5 days and scary stuff...

Annalisa left me alone for lunch so I thought I should write an update. No baby. Yet. I'm due this Saturday. Still totally freaked out. I have a little bit of a cold so I sure hope that goes away soon. Slept like crap last night. Woke up with a headache and cried the whole way to work. I still hope he comes a week late....I just wish I didn't have to work. I feel like an emotional wreck. I cry a lot. For a long time. I miss my mom. I'm scared to become a mom. I'm scared to deliver this baby. I'm scared of 10 centimeters...I had no idea how big that really is. I'm scared of the epidural. I'm scared of my water breaking at work and terrifying some cute little kid. I'm scared of going into labor in Saratoga. I'm scared of going into labor. I'm scared of something/anything going wrong. I'm scared of being alone. I'm really just scared. Is that normal?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I was afraid of all of that! (even the water breaking!) normal! You are going to do just fine! Love you!

Janelle said...

Totally normal and totally sucks. So sorry you are having such a hard time. You are an AMAZING, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, ASSERTIVE woman and you will absolutely be a great mom and make it through labor and anything else that comes your way!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

100% normal! I totally felt the same way and having done it once, I am still scared to death to do it all again. Just know the Big Man in watching out for you and your little one and all will be well! Hang in there!

Katrina said...

Totally normal! It's the unknown... just remember ALL these other women who have done it and done spledidly! You will too! :) And your little baby in your arms after will be worth it all! :) I'm SOOOOO excited for you!! I wish I could be having mine this Saturday! :)

Helena said...

Ok, now I'm scared FOR you! I swear the more I learn about pregnancy and having babies, the more I want to wait. Forever. But then I see all the new mommy's and their sweet babies, and I realize that while it is awful, it's also wonderful, and things will be ok.

You can do it Kendra! Because you are strong. And because you are a lot more ready than you realize. And because you have no choice at this point. But that's a good thing, because the sooner its over, the sooner you will have your adorable little guy there with you.

And from what I hear, the first few months are all about snuggling anyway. As long as you feed him and change him, you'll be just fine.