Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I was "All American"....and didn't even know it

My sister Katie had her baby. Lyla. She was 9lbs and 4ounces! Holy moly right??? She's a chunky one in the best way possible. I would post pictures but we all know how bad I am at that and it's my lunch so I'm more concerned with eating than documenting. My mom came to help my sister. Isn't my mom the best? Yes she is. BUT... she's in trouble. When I was 12 I had it set in my heart that I wanted to be famous. Yeah I know... Anyway I talked my mom into letting me go to a modeling audition. It was in L.A. and it was on a Sunday. Man was that a huge deal. But she let me go. And then she told me they didn't pick me. Something like they wanted a blond. I was heartbroken. I felt like I was the ugly one. Nothing special with me. I've never even told anyone about this because who tells people you went and were rejected?!? Not me. Anyway. My sweet mom is talking and hanging out on Sunday and night and goes "Oh remember that audition you did?" Me: "Um YEAh how could I forgot." Mom: "They called the next day and picked you." Me: "Um WHAT???" Mom:" Yep. They loved your hair you mouth, your freckles and your dimples. They said you were the "All American Girl"." Me: "I was all American..." Mom: "But your Daddy and I didn't want you in that kind of an environment." Me: "I was all AMERICAN???" Moral of the story don't lie to your kids. Especially if it's a competition. AND THEY WIN!!!! But don't worry Mom. I still love you . Your still my best friend. But I have been dreaming of the money I could have made. The house I could have bought,the car I could be driving, the sweet stuff I could have bought my baby (because I still would have married my hubs and had this baby). But at least I know now. =)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

LOL, that's hilarious! You do have a great mom!

KRISTIE said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't beleive it!!! how the truth come out!!

Annalisa said...

You are still the "All American Girl" to me!!

Katie said...

Mom keeps saying, "I can't believe I let that out!!" So funny!