Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dear Hubs,

I am sorry. I am truly sorry. I didn't mean for it to be like that. But it wasn't my fault. I keep a clean house. I change the sheets once a week, vacuum all the carpets once a week (the living room at least 2xs) I dust and mop the floors. So when I was woken up at 3 am by that darling baby boy you gave me and I heard the squeak I freaked out. I almost threw up. I just imagined him sharing my air, and then crawling up my leg and eventually into my mouth. I couldn't handle it. So I got the flash light. And SAW it. Well it's tail. And I could have died. And then we found out it was trapped in the spider box. And then I was doubly disgusted. And you had to wake up and throw that live disgusting rodent out. And I had to sleep with the flashlight. But I promise it wasn't my fault. I have lived in a 3rd world country before. And unless you tell me we are moving to Taiwan tomorrow I won't pretend to be ok with rodents in my house. Did you know they carry diseases? And they could get to Pman. And I can't sleep with their beady little eyes waiting for me to drift into sleep to pounce on me. I just can't. So I'm sorry. I know you didn't get much sleep last night. And you had to go to work today. And I'm sorry in advance for making you help me re-arrange our bedroom tonight so I can vacuum and see if there are any holes in the wall. But you know what? I sure love you hubs!

2 comments:

Mrs. Hornberger said...

1300 square foot 3 bedroom two bath full basement town home in our complex. $800.00 a month. Its new. Free of rodents and spiders. Just think about it....

p.s.
what is a spider box?

Rachel said...

You are hilarious. I would totally do the same thing. Mice are completely gross. They. freak. me. out.
I wrote this blog post after a similar experience: http://terrazasfamily.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-you-give-mouse-cookie.html