Thursday, August 25, 2011

The sparkle is back!

(although this picture is months old!)

Porter is getting better! And we got some answers. He had rhino and adno viruses. He also had a little pink eye. The highest his fever got was 106. He was one sick boy. We spent a lot of time at the Dr's office, blood lab, ER, and pacing our living room trying to help bring his fever down. It was scary. When they didn't know what was wrong they were worried about a few really MAJOR things. My heart couldn't have handled them and I am so grateful we don't need to worry about that anymore.
My mom drove up to help. She said she felt silly, driving 10 hrs just to sit. Don't feel silly mom. You were more of a help than you know. Porter was so happy to see you, he had to do about 20 mins of tricks. I was so happy to see you. You stayed up with me from 3-5 that night. You slept on our couch, did the dishes, made us food, bought us food, came the Dr with me. I needed you. So thank you!
Porter still has a little runny nose and is having some struggles sleeping through the night. But he is so much better! He finally feels like playing and running. Its the saddest thing to watch your sick baby and not be able to help. I know a lot of prayers were said on his behalf. A lot of people called,( and I didn't call back) I appreciate all the kind words we received. I'm so happy to have those sparkly eyes back!

3 comments:

Shabang said...

Hooray! His hair is still the cutest thing ever. :)

Janelle said...

So happy he is doing better! So sorry you all had to go through that.

Katie said...

That is great news!