Thursday, August 18, 2011

My sweet boy



Is sick again. I just put him to bed with a fever of 101.9. And yesterday when I got home from work (yes it's that time of year again) he had a fever of 105 so we rushed to the doctors then were rushed to the lab for more blood work and then at 11:45 we went to the E.R. with a fever of 106. He had the works done. X-rays, a snot sucker, and lots of pocking and prodding. Porter mainly wanted his Daddy to hold him the entire time (maybe broke my heart). Then we went home around 2ish AM and struggled to keep our sweet boy's fever down. They still don't have any idea what is going on. It is probably viral. I am so grateful they haven't found anything in the test so far, but at the same time I was some answers and I want something done to help him. Its so hard. Being a parent is hard. Being a parent of a sick baby is really hard. My heart is on my sleeve and ripping at the seam every time his fever goes up. This is personal, if you have any questions about the LDS church please ask, or go to LDS.org Caleb gave him a blessing last night (one of hundreds lately) and I was so over come with the spirit. I feel like I am begging my Heavenly Father to keep Porter safe. I am so grateful for prayer. I believe it works. Last night Caleb said, " what do the babies in Africa do when they get a high fever?" my heart broke more. I know there are people out there whose babies are very ill, who wont get better, and those that have died. I know I have it really good. I am so grateful for that. But I'm ready to see my babies eyes sparkle again.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Poor boy. We are praying!

Corinne said...

Your post made me cry. We love you guys so much and are praying for you. Call me if you need anything at all.

Katie said...

Poor kid. I hope you get some answers and that he gets better soon.