Thursday, November 24, 2011

Four years ago...

Four years ago we spent our first Thanksgiving as a married couple in Taiwan. This is what we ate. Hot pots. Then we had a hot fudge sunday and saw a movie. I didn't feel like Thanksgiving but that didn't matter. We were together and in Taiwan. Four years later we still aren't with family (though I will be with my sister to go shopping at midnight) and we have our sweet Porter Boy with us. I have a lot to be grateful for. My family is on the top. I don't think I will ever care where or how my Thanksgiving is spent, as long as I have my boys with me.

P.S. I'm ready to go back to Taiwan now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hornberger said...

I feel the same! And reading this made me feel even more the same! I felt so sorry for myself moving out here and being away from family and I never realized you'd been doing that the whole time we lived in Utah. You're awesome.