Sunday, February 21, 2010

5 Weeks?!?!?!

Only 5 weeks till this little one is due! I am completely freaked out. I am terrified. Scared. Frightened. I am also in NO hurry. This little man is welcome and encouraged to stay as long as he likes, and I am hoping that will be at least one week late. He is quite big now-at least my belly is. (I will update pictures this weekend). Some things I'm excited about.....1)The nursery. We just got our rocker and changing table. I have purchased everything will coupons and sales and that has required a lot of waiting but it has been totally worth it! So in the next two weeks his room should be finished! 2) Seeing what he looks like! I keep having dreams about him and he is always so cute and sweet but I can't make out his face. 3) Being a mom. I have the best mom in the world and if I am half as good as she is I will ROCK! 4) Seeing Caleb as a Daddy. Caleb talks about this little guy and has all these plans and ideas. I know he is going to be the best baby daddy ever!
Things I am not excited about....1) Giving birth. Um have you seen what goes on down under??? No thanks. And yes I know I am committed. 2) Post giving birth. Um you mean I'm going to what?? for how long??? 3) Recovery. 4) Not automatically getting my old body back. 5) Not being able to run right away.

So there it is. I am scared. I will be the first to say it. I am of course excited to meet this man but terrified about the process. The last bit of pregnancy has been great. I love feeling him move when it doesn't hurt. I enjoy watching peoples faces when they can see him move =). It's hard to believe I only have 5 (hopefully 6) weeks left! Yikes!

6 comments:

KRISTIE said...

its probably more scary because you were there for mattie and jake, and that was bad :(
you'll do great! i love you

Corinne said...

You are going to be such a good Mom!!! I can't wait to meet little Porter! love you!

p.s. they say the better shape you're in, the easier your delivery will be & we all know you are in GREAT shape so you have nothing to worry about!

Katrina said...

Kendra, you are too cute! :) I just have to laugh because you are SO completely opposite of me! My first pregnancy, I was DYING for her to come! So anxious, so impatient! and for some reason, I felt like Labor and Delivery were going to be Much better than being so uncomfortable and pregnant! And sure enough, labor and delivery weren't as hard as I thought it would be...recovery isn't so much fun though... I'll be honest! But I'm finding myself with this one, looking FORWARD to labor and delivery! Can't wait for him to come either!

Good luck with the next 5 weeks! Your little guy will come when he is supposed to and you'll be a great mom! :)

Janelle said...

Yay! You and Caleb will be great parents and you can totally handle labor and all the crazy after-ness because you pretty much rock at everything you do!

Helena said...

Every time I hear about the after-stuff if makes me never want to have children. I'm hoping that fear fades in time... But the good thing is it doesn't last forever, and people do it over again. Which is a huge comfort.

I'm so glad you are posting more! I love catching up on here. And I am excited to see pictures of your little guy!

Katie said...

I let you know how it goes, since I am doing it TOMORROW!! AAAAAH!! HELP!!!