Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear body.

I want you to know I miss you too. I'm sorry we can't do the things we used to or feel the way we used to. I know this has been a really hard adjustment. I know that person in the mirror doesn't look like you. It's only temporary. This wont last forever. I know it's hard to grow in places that you don't want to grow. It's not easy on me either. But that's what happens when your growing a fetus. It takes over. You go away and are taken captive by something else. It's kinda like the book THE HOST. I still feel you, I can hear you. I know your still there. And in just a few weeks we can work on bringing you back the way you like. Until then maybe you could calm down so I can enjoy this a bit more. Maybe you can stop looking in the mirror and stopping in shock. Maybe you can quit being so competitive at the gym, no those other girls are not pregnant but they don't know your trying to go faster than them. And I would really like it if you would stop looking at those runners with disgust. It doesn't matter that if you could run you would run faster and harder and longer. I'm pretty sure they can see you and when you say stuff under your breath they may hear you. Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. Just give it time.
Love, me

P.S. Since I am a slacker at posting pictures I stole this cute one from my friend Corinne. She is preggers too. Although it looks like my belly may eat hers. This is me after my shower at 32 weeks.

6 comments:

KRISTIE said...

too cute, i can't wait to see you soon

Katrina said...

Cute post! My body is feeling the same thing right now..but it will be over soon enough! :)

Steffany said...

Oh . . . can I ever relate! You are getting so close though, and you still look super cute!

Janelle said...

Dear Kendra's Body (and Kendra),

I feel your pain.

P.S. Tell Kendra she is still hot as ever!

Helena said...

I didn't know Corinne was pregnant! That's really exciting for you guys!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Finally a belly that compares to mine! But seriously, you look amazing! All belly my friend! Hang in there these last couple of weeks.