Sunday, January 30, 2011

Put a cherry on top

Just to put the cherry on top of this really crappy week, I got a sinus infection with a brewing ear infection and worst of all....Porter has croup. It has been terrible. My poor baby is so sad and sick. He still wants to play and do fun things but he has to rest his head every so often. He wants to be chased and crawl around but when he laughs it makes him cough and that is the saddest sound in the world. I feel terrible that Porter is sick. We went one week shy of 10 months of him never getting sick. I hope he can recover from this quickly. We have a cool mist humidifier and we take him outside in the freezing cold when he starts coughing and hold him all night when he is miserable but it has to run its course. So sad. In other words, you are invited to my pity party. Its going on now.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hornberger said...

Im so sad that hes sick! But he must be a really healthy little boy if he didnt get sick for 10 whole months. So theres the bright side of the situation :) I hope you both get better soon!

TT, Buzz and Kids said...

Your week sounds like my week. I have been sick all week and now Aurianna has it. Of course we are both getting better but I hate to see Aurianna sick, she has been so grumpy, so that makes mom grumpy. I hope you all get feeling better quickly.

Katie said...

Oh no! I am sorry that things are getting worse. Let me know if you need any help. My afternoons are incredibly flexible.