Friday, May 20, 2011

Back-back to Cali (part one)










When I found out my Pa (grandpa) wasn't doing very well it happened to fall on my Spring Break at work. Pa had told me a few months ago that he wanted to see me and Porter again before he died. I promised him he would. We found out Saturday that Pa wasn't doing well and Sunday we bought out tickets. This was one of the best trips I have had in California. I didn't get to see my sisters hardly at all, my dad or any of my friends, we didn't go shopping or playing. I saw my Pa. I told him I loved him and always felt so close to him. I told him I knew the Gospel was true. I told him he didn't need to be afraid. I was able to see him look at Porter with so much love it breaks my heart now that I didn't cherish that a bit more. I watched him make some very hard choices and I watched him slip farther and farther away. These pictures of Porter and me and Pa are the last I have of him. I will always hold them dear to me. I am so grateful that my mom and dad didn't mind Pman and I spoiling their week and having two more people to worry about. I am so glad I was able to see my Pa and hug and kiss him. It's amazing how much I miss him and how so many things pop up that make me think of him.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This made me cry.