Friday, May 20, 2011

Cause I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!


I had to take a picture of this stuff. And there was more but I packed it before I thought to take a picture. Here you see my BREAST FEEDING stuff. And now it's gone! I am DONE nursing Porter (and was April 4,2011) and couldn't be happier! Breast feeding was one of the most challenging things I have done. Physically, Porter had trouble latching. Three visits to the lactation consultant and lots and lots of tears and pain, purple paste on my nipples due to the oh so horrible mastitis I got when Porter was under a week old. Oh man did we have it rough. I almost quit. Almost. And then my mom said "you're not the quiting type". But it was hard. And then three weeks after Porter was born my katiebug suggested I try a nipple gaurd. And things got better...not easier. I still have scars on my nipples. Yes, scars. And I had to pump at work(so not fun, and I worked full-time until the end of December) When Porter started sleeping through the night at 1 week, I still got up to pump so he would have milk when I went back to work. Porter had formula maybe three times when he was jaundice. Now I am not a hippie. I did not love nursing Porter. Sometimes I hated it. But I did it. I'm grateful things worked out, I'm grateful Katiebug told me about the gaurd, I'm grateful I had that time with Porter (most of the time), I'm grateful I fought for my milk supply so I didn't lose it at work, but mainly I'm grateful it's over!!!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Don't forget that you have your body back to yourself!! That was my favorite thing about being done.

Mrs. Hornberger said...

Im glad I told you about the nipple shield too! All the lactation consultants try to avoid telling people about it, or dont reccomend it right away, but it helps so much some times! And I totally get your love hate relationship with nursing! Its HARD! Im glad you stuck with it! And I agree with your mom, you definitely are NOT a quitter