Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Best 4th Yet!























As you can tell from the pictures our 4th of July weekend was jam packed with FUN! We started out Saturday morning by going to the balloon festival just down the street.

Then we played all day and then went to the boys club (hubs job) work dinner. It was JDogs at the Miller Field. Wonder why? Because the boys club(Qualtrics) BOUGHT the Stadium of Fire. Yup. Floor seats. And the hubs was able to get tickets so my sister and her hubs and our friends the Price's could come! We had a blast. I was bummed when I found out who the performers were, David Archuleta and Brad Pasely. But guess what? You would have never know that I only knew two songs from each artist. I cheered my heart out. Who wouldn't? You have floor seats at a huge venue and your going to sit on your tush? Nope. Not me. My poor hubs was getting all sorts of laughs from his co-boys clubians about his crazy wife. See his hand on my leg? You probably think that's so sweet? It's not. He was holding me down so I couldn't jump up and down and scream. Luckily my sis and Crystal were good sports and danced and cheered and ran down the aisles with me! Brad Pasely was pretty much awesome. Caleb and I both became fans. The whole thing was amazing! The fireworks were so close I could feel it in my chest. It totally gave me goose bumps. Nothing like getting together to celebrate this amazing land we have! I know freedom isn't free and I'm so grateful for those who serve our Country (past, present and future). There was a dance party in the streets after and you better believe I danced my pants off (not really, I kept them on) on our walk home the hubs and I got a delish snow cone.

Sunday was Sunday. Then Monday we woke up super early and ran in the Provo Freedom Race 5k. I came in 20th in my age group. I could have done better but I thought people would line up in the right spot. They didn't and I spent the first 1.5 miles trying to get around people. Rude. After the race we went home and met up with Aaron, Quinn and Lyla and headed to the Parade. We had awesome seats. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Provo is the place to be. After the parade we went home and made crepes and then went to the freedom festival downtown. Later we went to a BBQ with friends and then lit up the sky with fireworks. Porter loved it!

No comments: