Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rex Lee on a more personal note









A good friend of ours and a one-time babysitter of Porter's was recently diagnosed with Leukimia. He is 27 years old. His wife is pregnant. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like. And I wont pretend to. Caleb and I felt terrible but you can only say "I'm so sorry" so many times. So we decided to DO something. We ran the Rex Lee Race in support of Ian. We invited our Ward to do it with us and Friday night we had a T-shirt making party and wore them to the race on Saturday. Caleb was sick so he walked the 5k with Porter and I ran the 10k. I finished in 53 mins 29 seconds. It was really fun. I love/hate doing Cancer races. My paternal grandmother died of Ovarian Cancer when i was 12. My maternal grandmother is a breast cancer survivor as is my aunt. I hate cancer. I cannot wait until we have a cancer free future. It really was a nice race. The shirts say "Team Bergeson" and on the back it says "We've got your back Ian". I am so excited for a day when cancer is not a part of our world.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wish I could have run it with you!